Reggio Emilia is a Welcoming town in northern Italy.
Founded by the Romans, Reggio Emilia past has been marked by great personalities and historical events.
The town has always combined civil ideals with an intellectual, artistic and industries, liveliness, as well as good living and the pleasurers of good cousine.
It is a delightful town of visit: it features ancient but newly-renovated squares and avenues, open air space, museum, art galleries and public places that can easily be reached on foot or by bicycle.
The network of bicycle lanes is widespread and lead to parks and natural areas. Reggio Emilia is a university town, with schools of all kinds, theatre companies, music band, artists and a network of libraries with the highest number of loans in Italy.
Is also called the “The Town of the Tricolour” because January 7, 1797, the Cispadane Republic adopted a flag, that later became the Italian national flag. Today the eighteen century “Sala del Tricolore” (Tricolour Hall” is still considered a symbol of Reggio Emilia and Italy.
Reggio Emilia ranks among the top towns for the quality of living. It also offers beautiful landscape: its territory extends from the Po River, the longest in Italy, to the mountain tops of the Apennines, which are part of the National Tuscan-Emilian Park.
In the hills near Reggio Emilia, the importance of the medieval period has been preserved in time. the castle of Bianello, Sarzano, Rossena, Canossa, Carpineti which are the core of Matilde’s ancient county, have maintained the charm of the main place of the European politics between the XI and XII centuries.